Parry Sound District, Armour Township
|Location||Near Berriedale, Armour Township|
|Status||No Longer In Use|
|Oldest Known Interment||1884|
This is a pioneer cemetery put into use by the Harvey family when they obtained it from the Crown in the late 1800’s. The farm is now owned by Mr. Darcy Cole. There are two headstones still there and they are cared for by the Cole family.
The book, "These Our Ancestors Were", lists the burial place as being in Strong Township, but the village of Berriedale is located in Armour Township. The 1879 Guide and Atlas of Parry Sound District shows a Harvey located in Armour Township on lot 24, concession 13, east of Berriedale. If anyone has any information that could shed some more light on the location.
Victor G Harvey
Died November 7th, 1913
Age 76 years
Wife of Victor G. Harvey
Died November 12, 1884
Age 44 years
|One small stone marked Freddie|
(assumed to be a son of the Harveys)