If you are interested in responding to a posted inquiry you can respond using the comments form immediately below the particular inquiry you are interested in. To open the form just click the button.
If you have any comments about the page in general, see the form at the bottom of the page. Please be aware that a valid Facebook account is required to comment here.
If you have an inquiry posted on this page, please check to see if it is correct.
Surname inquiries will be posted in alphabetical order based on the first surname in the inquiry. Eventually, this page may have to be split into several pages as the list gets longer. If you want to post an inquiry that is not pertaining to surnames, visit the General Inquiry Page
* Obviously spam is a growing email problem! One way to avoid the onslaught of spam is to only give out your email address to your friends and family. If you must give out your address to someone other than a friend, especially if you are giving your address to a site like this, where the address is posted online, then you are likely to use a deposable email address from yahoo.com or hotmail.com.
Our problem is that a growing number of the emails addresses given to us are dormant or dead when a member of the club or someone just browsing our site attempts to respond to an inquiry.
Before inquires can be posted we will be confirming the validity of the email address. Email addresses on dated inquires will be checked periodically.
Looking for information on my Great-grand uncle Oscar Edward Bahm. Was in the Bracebridge area from about 1920 presumably until his death after 1949. He married Grace Alice Dart and they had one child Opal. Any suggestions for research in the area would be appreciated as well.
I am looking for information on my great-grandfather, John Charles Bailey, and his son, Frederick Thomas Bailey. They lived in Burk's Falls from 198? to 1930.
added July 3, 2015
Trying to find info on my grandmother Madeline Baskey who was born in Parry Sound Ontario and is deceased .
The above is my grandmother I cannot find anything on her but I do know she was married in Byng Inlet to my grandfather Frank Burgie, do you have anything on her family where they came from etc.
added July 13, 2015
Michael Gilbert Bernier
My family migrated from the Quebec area to Byng inlet. I am interested in any mention of them, employment, schooling and BDM
added February 28, 2014
Are obituaries indexed for Britt? I would like the obituary/death date of Hulda Besner, widow of Charles A. Besner who died in 1939 in Britt. Most of the family trees have Hulda dying in 1943, but Hulda (or Mrs. Charles Besner, widow), was living as of the Voter's list for 1958. Canada, Voters Lists, 1935-1980 Name: Mrs Charles Besner Gender: Female Marital Status: Widow Year: 1958 Location: Parry Sound; Muskoka, Ontario, Canada Electoral District: Parry Sound-Muskoka Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Deborah
added April 16, 2017
Benjamin Bickford - where he died/is buried & date? 1881 census - in Muskoka County, Monck Township, Religion=Church of England; born abt. 1834 (Ireland?) & died after 1881. Wife+ Mary Ann Hurd (1835/Templeton - 1911/Bracebridge.
added May 28, 2015
· Norman Richard Granville Buck is my 1st cousin twice removed (two times), and also my 3rd cousin twice removed (two times) – his father was my GG Uncle and his mother was my GG Aunt &ndask; his maternal grandparents (my GG Grandparents) were also first cousins – his paternal grandparents were also my GG Grandparents
· Norm was born Oct.30, 1903 to John Buck (1873-1941) & Constance Evlin Slatter (1878-1950) in Brunel Twp.
· Norm and his brother Bernard Bruce were on the WWII Honour Roll (Military Service:
BUCK firstname.lastname@example.org 1939-1945 BUCK B. B. (Bernard Bruce) lance corporal served WW2 BUCK N. (Norman) private served WW2 "Honour Roll" 390 names at Huntsville Post Office indexed Aug 2001 by OGS Sudbury Branch)
· Norm was married to a Daisy Hayes (I have no proof that was her maiden name, but Norm's G Granddaughter says an aunt, she thinks, told her that was the name) probably between 1920 and 1930 as their children appear to be have been born 1930 and after &ndask; I would like to have documentation of their marriage (if they were, in fact, married) – The Huntsville Library has been unsuccessful in finding any documentation for me, so I am wondering if perhaps they weren't married in Huntsville
· Norm was living in Huntsville in the 1950's when I was a child and visited relatives there on a regular basis
· Norm died Sep. 24, 1971 (per cemetery headstone) – would like documentation on his death
· Norm is buried in the Locks Cemetery (military stone says he was a Sapper)
· I am also looking for marriage information and documentation on daughter Elizabeth "Betty" Yvonne Buck 1930-2006 who married John Robert Rawn 1920-2012. In particular, I would like to find more information on John Robert Rawn: his parents' names, where they were from, if they had any connection to the Rawns in Arthur, Ontario and maybe also in Holstein, Ontario.
Any information or assistance with information on Norm & Daisy Buck's family would be greatly appreciated. NOTE: I already have quite a bit of information on other Buck and Slatter relatives from the Huntsville area.
Any info on BULGERS in the Muskoka area, particularily Huntsville, Brunel township, and possibly Bracebridge area. Of particular interest would be Emeric and Amy (Cyte) Bulger, and their children Harriet, Cory, Violet, George, Robert, Walter and Veronica. Am researching my ancestry and any info would be very much appreciated.
Seeking information on birth of George Ambrose DeWolf (or Ambrose George DeWolf, whose mother was Agnes Cain. Child was born on or near 20 August 1892. Seeking information on the father of this child, believed to be a William or Wilby DeWolf.
Looking for info re: my g.g. grandmother, first name unknown but she was the wife of John Cain. She may be the "Wife of John Cain" who was buried in the Emanuel United Church Cemetery. I am searching for her first name, d.o.b., d.o.d., names of children. etc. Wondering why she & her husband weren't buried in the same cemetery/city. Many thanks!
added August 1, 2016
Would like to know about and the history of the carlton family.
added July 8, 2015
Looking for a George and Mary Ann Compton, born in Lincolnshire, England in 1821 and 1823. Emigrated to Muskoka area about 1873 with three sons, Henry, George and David. Found them on 1881 Census but no-where else. Thank you.
I'm looking for information on Grace Yvonne Eniza Couture, born in Burk's Falls, Parry Sound, in January 1901. Her father was Samuel Joseph Couture and her mother was probably Josephine O'Brien (but may also have been Margaretee McKay or Mary Ann Nichols. Her father died in 1916 and the next record I find of her was when she married Robert Burns MacMillan in Ontario in 1928. He died just months later and then she married George Crane Loomis in Chicago a year later. They then moved to Lombard, IL, USA in 1936 and adopted a son who then died a year later and it seems she had some kind of nervous breakdown. By 1940, she and George Loomis were no longer living together and I lose all trace of her. I'd really like to fill in some of the holes of her life story (between 1916 and 1928 and then after 1939).
added March 23, 2017
I am interested in knowing more about the graveyard called Townline, or Yearly or Chalmers near Axe Lake, Parry Sound. My great-grandfather, James Dailey, is buried there. Is the graveyard still in use? Is there a church connected with it?
updated February 11, 2015 to include
I am Looking for information regarding Paul Dane. He came to Canada from Ireland in 1868 and settled on Tondern Island (which is now Beaumaris). He died on October 21, 1872 and I believe he was buried in the Church of England cemetery although I cannot find any facts to support the location of the burial site. I would particularly like to know his Irish history and that connection to the McCarthy family prior to their arrival in Canada.
updated February 1, 2015
I would like any information of Samuel Edward Davis and his wife Jessie Lane Davis. Samuel was born 1865 and died 1947 and Jessie was born 1865 and died 1956. They also adopted a 3 year old boy who they named Richard Huston Davis born January 22, 1895 he was my great grandfather and I would like any information on his adopted family and if you know any information on his biological family.
Thank-you in advance.
Looking for information on Eva Grace DEVERELL nee HOPKINS
She was married to my Half Great Uncle Sydney George DEVERELL in 1926 at
She is on the voters lists for Parry Sound area in 1950s and 1960s.
He returned to England in 1946.
In Cheshire, UK
added January 22, 2016